Welcome to Trenam’s Career Center! We appreciate your interest in our firm and hope that this brief introduction will encourage you to contact us about employment opportunities. Trenam is a Florida-based law firm with offices in both Tampa and St. Petersburg. We pride ourselves on the stellar reputation we’ve earned and the recognition we routinely receive from industry publications as well as our peers. Providing our clients with excellent professional advice and service is our first priority. We recognize that doing this is impossible without hiring and retaining the best legal talent. Our firm’s real assets are our people – and our success rests in their hands. We recruit people we believe will thrive in an environment that is more entrepreneurial than you’ll find at most other law firms, people who are ready to take on challenges and work in a fast-paced yet highly rewarding environment. We help new employees maximize their potential and find the right area in which to focus their practice. Our size allows new associates the opportunity work on challenging and interesting projects – always with the appropriate support of more senior attorneys – yet with a fair amount of independence.
Trenam's summer associate program provides an opportunity for you to gain practical legal experience and for us to get to know you better. We hire summer associates with the expectation that they are likely to become full-time associates with our firm. Summer associates are encouraged to work in a variety of practice areas, gaining experience by observing depositions, trials, closings and client meetings. Summer associates are assigned a mentor to help monitor workload, assist in gathering feedback, and personally review performance. We’ll make sure you get to know our lawyers, offering many social activities throughout the time you’re with us.
We know it’s difficult to tell one law firm from another. What makes us different is the quality of people we hire and the environment in which we work. At Trenam you’ll be surrounded by gifted people – enthusiastic, talented and creative colleagues working together to serve our clients. You’ll have the opportunity to engage in challenging and rewarding work. We encourage you to meet with us to learn more about our firm and determine whether Trenam is where you want to be.
Commercial Litigation Paralegal - St. Petersburg
Trenam Law, an AV rated law firm with offices in Tampa and St. Petersburg, is seeking commercial litigation paralegal candidates with 7+ years of legal experience in complex, commercial litigation cases. This position is in the Commercial Litigation practice in downtown St. Petersburg. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Handle complex case management for state and federal court litigations including discovery, research, hearings and trial preparation and attendance
- Manage paper and electronic discovery process for all phases of discovery and trial preparation, including depositions, transcripts and trial support for large-scale document productions and reviews
- Create, organize and maintain databases, privilege logs and files containing discovery documents, physical evidence, summaries, deposition transcripts etc.
- Research all case documents, materials, rules and court procedure and prior testimony and publications of opposing experts; analyze, summarize and compile timelines and reports regarding findings
- Gather information and materials from vendors, clients; conduct legal research, utilizing internet sources, Westlaw, etc.
- Coordinate the preparation and filing of briefs and legal documents; draft routine filings
- Manage all trial preparation and support activity
Candidates should exhibit a high degree of professionalism, be able to demonstrate successful working relationships, have a strong work ethic and dedication to client service, and attention to detail. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in complex litigation, financial services experience, a two-year degree or higher, possesses a current Florida Registered Paralegal designation and certification. Qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resumes to HRResume@Trenam.com for consideration. Trenam Law is an EEO/AA employer.