Tara Carroll joined the firm in 2007 as an associate in the Real Estate and Lending Practice Group and became a Shareholder in 2011. Tara’s practice focuses on all aspects of commercial real estate, including, without limitation, financing, acquisition, development, leasing, workouts, restructures and commercial foreclosures.
• Represent national, regional and local lenders in complex lending
transactions, including acquisition, construction and development financing
and asset-based loans.
• Represent developers in all phases of the development process, including
assembling parcels for overall development, obtaining construction financing,
subdividing and platting the real property, obtaining necessary approvals for
construction, negotiating and preparing leases with large commercial tenants
and negotiating and overseeing the subsequent purchase and sale of the
overall tract or outparcels to third-party purchasers.
• Represent both landlords and tenants in commercial lease negotiations.
• Act as local counsel assisting banks in preparation of documents to be used
as in-house forms.
• Represent various commercial lenders in negotiating and documenting
forbearances, workouts and loan modifications.
• Represent and counsel special asset departments through all phases of
negotiation, litigation, restructuring and workout of problem loans.
• Resolve title and survey issues and act as escrow, title and closing agent in
connection with commercial closings.
• Member of firm’s SBA Lending Group.
• Stetson University College of Law (J.D., cum laude), 2004
– Stetson Law Review, Marketing Editor
– Victor O. Wehle Excellence in Trial Advocacy Award
– Intern for the Honorable Kenneth B. Bell, Supreme Court of Florida
– Client Skills Board negotiation team
• Stetson University (M.B.A., cum laude), 2004
• Florida State University (B.A. in English), 2001
Bar and Court Admissions:
• Middle District Court of Florida
Honors & Distinctions:
• Florida Trend Legal Elite Up & Comer 2012
• Florida Super Lawyers, Rising Star 2010 and 2011
• Business Leader Magazine, Mover and Shaker, 2011
• Tampa Bay Business Journal, Up and Comer, 2008
• St. Petersburg Bar Association, Real Property Section
– Co-Chair, 2010
• Commercial Real Estate Women - Tampa Bay (CREW)
• Hillsborough Association of Women Lawyers
• St. Pete Young Professionals
• Real Estate Investment Council
• Phi Delta Phi International Legal Fraternity
• Florida Craftsmen, Inc. (Florida’s only state-wide non-profit organization
representing thousands of Florida’s established and emerging fine craft
artists), Treasurer of the Executive Board, 2006 - present
• Ronald McDonald House Charities of Tampa Bay, Red Shoes Committee
– Meal Chair, 2010 - present
• Bayfront Health Foundation
– Young Professional’s Committee, 2010 - present
– Leadership Circle, 2011 - present
– Co-Chair, Dream Date Raffle for Bayfront on the Vine, 2012
• Girl Scouts of West Central Florida, Women of Distinction Event,
Committee member, 2012
• Chihuly Collection, Grand Opening Events Committee, 2010
• Leadership Tampa Bay, class of 2012
• Leadership St. Petersburg, class of 2009
– Planning Committee, 2013
– Alumni Association, 2009-present