Trenam Kemker’s team of health care attorneys has experience in all aspects of representing health care practices and businesses in Florida, ranging from health care regulation, tax and general business representation to a myriad of health care litigation issues, including credentialing and staff privilege issues, covenants not to compete, malpractice defense and employment law issues. Our lawyers also provide presentations to physician and dental groups addressing tax, regulatory, asset protection, and other issues such as avoidance and defense of medical negligence claims, enforcing covenants not to compete, and avoiding qui tam actions, with the goal of keeping professionals out of the courtroom and assisting in dispute resolution.
Our health care attorneys represent individual medical, dental and other professionals, group practices, practice management and management service organizations, hospitals, and ancillary businesses (e.g., ambulatory surgery centers, imaging centers, rehabilitation centers, sleep disorder centers, pharmacies, and smoke cessation centers).
Practice areas include:
• Entity structure and organization, including corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies and other entities
• Entity licensure and Medicare and Medicaid filings
• Entity operational documents, including buy-sell agreements, compensation plans, employment and contractor agreements
• Individual and organizational regulatory compliance, including Medicare and Medicaid regulations and audits, Stark and physician self-referral, nursing home, home health care, kickback, fraud and abuse and referral restrictions
• Asset preservation planning and estate planning
• Practice and business sales and purchases, mergers, consolidations and dissolutions
• Professional licensing boards, medical staff, and disciplinary committee compliance and discipline matters
• Staff privilege and other credentialing disputes on behalf of professionals and hospital medical staffs
• Exclusive provider contracts and Medical Director contracts between health care facilities and health care professionals
• Creation, operation, and dissolution of managed care organizations, including PPOs, HMOs, and self-insured arrangements
• Managed care contracts (including payor and provider contracts)
• Health care mediation, arbitration and litigation, including defending professional liability lawsuits
• Malpractice and professional liability defense
• Employment law issues
• Regulatory hearings and qui tam defense and actions
Our health care attorneys stay abreast of developments in the industry through involvement in local and national organizations that serve the health care industry, active participation in Bar Association programs that focus on health care and regular continuing education participation.
For more information contact:
Don B. Weinbren