Anne Leonard joined the firm in October 2012 and is a member of the Commercial Litigation and Appellate practice groups. Anne represents businesses and individuals in state and federal court and has handled a variety of commercial litigation and appellate matters. Prior to joining the firm, Anne clerked for the Honorable Anne C. Conway, Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
- Secured affirmance from the Eleventh Circuit of trial court judgment in favor of Grammy Award winning music group in a trademark ownership trial regarding ownership of the band’s name, preventing improper use of the group’s name by a former member of the group, including a worldwide permanent injunction.
- Secured affirmance from the Second District Court of Appeal in favor of investors on claims of breach of fiduciary duty, fraud and violation of franchise and securities statutes.
- Represents commercial property owners in connection with landlord/tenant and breach of contract disputes.
- Represents businesses and individuals involved in complex commercial disputes, including claims for negligence, breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Represents business and individuals in matters involving the enforcement and defense of covenants not to compete and trade secrets.
- Represents appellants and appellees in Florida and federal appellate courts.
Honors and Distinctions
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- The Best Lawyers in America (Appellate Practice) 2019
- Thirteenth Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Award, 2015 - 2018
- Florida Super Lawyers, Rising Star 2014 - 2018
- The Florida Bar
- Appellate Court Rules Committee, 2017 - present
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Hillsborough Association of Women Lawyers
- J. Clifford Cheatwood Inn of Court, 2013 - 2015
- Crossroads for Florida Kids, attorney ad litem, 2013 - present
- Junior League of Tampa, 2013 - present
- Trenam’s Appellate Newsletter: The Fundamentals of Preserving Error for Appeal
- Richard A. Bruner, Jr., Patrick M. Causey, Catherine DiPaolo, and Anne C. Leonard Elevated to Shareholder
- Forty Attorneys from Trenam Law Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2019
- Forty Seven Trenam Attorneys Recognized in Florida Super Lawyers 2018
- Four Trenam Attorneys Receive AV Preeminent Rating By Martindale-Hubbell
- Forty-Five Trenam Attorneys Recognized in Florida Super Lawyers 2017
- Forty Two Trenam Lawyers Named to the 2016 Florida Super Lawyers and 2016 Florida Rising Stars Lists
- Forty-Five Trenam Lawyers Named Florida Super Lawyers and Florida Rising Stars
- Fifty Trenam Kemker Lawyers Named Florida Super Lawyers and Florida Rising Stars
“How Impaired Are You? The Fifth Circuit’s Recent Take on § 1129(a)(10) and Artificial Impairment,” The Cramdown (The Tampa Bay Bankruptcy Bar Association’s Quarterly Publication), co-author, Summer 2013.