Bradley Muhs is an Associate in the Appellate Practice Group and the Commercial Litigation Group. He represents business owners and businesses of all size, ranging from closely held corporations and LLCs to internationally recognized banking and insurance companies. Bradley’s practice involves assisting physicians and medical practice groups, resolving business disputes of all kinds, and litigating employment and landlord/tenant disputes, among other things.
Bradley is a magna cum laude graduate of Stetson University College of Law, and prior to joining the firm, served as a Law Clerk at the Florida Second District Court of Appeal. He is active in the community and serves on the Board for Gulfcoast Legal Services. In his spare time, Bradley assists the Stetson Moot Court Board and acts as a coach for one of its teams.
- Secured reversal of an order dismissing a lawsuit for defamation against a hospital arising out of physician’s peer review process.
- Secured affirmance of a default judgment against bail bond agency arising from a lawsuit for breach of contract.
- Represented physician in certiorari proceedings arising out of a claim for wage theft made pursuant to local ordinances.
- Secured dismissal of lawsuit filed against school board alleging negligent hiring and supervision and vicarious liability.
- Secured summary judgment on claims of fraud raised against bank in foreclosure proceedings.
- Secured dismissal and summary judgment in multiple lawsuits brought against members and managers of LLC for personal liability and claims of ownership.
- Secured finding of no liability in arbitration proceedings brought against a technology company for breach of contract and lost profits arising from Florida’s Deceptive and Unfair Practices Act.
- Secured for creditor the surplus proceeds from a tax deed sale of the debtor’s property.
- Secured dismissal of lawsuit premised on failure to pay for technical drawings and diagrams related to the design of three facilities.
- Secured successful resolution for competing claims to life insurance proceeds.
- Secured successful resolution in action for evictions of commercial tenant and for unpaid rent.
Honors and Distinctions
- Edward D. Foreman Most Distinguished Student Award
- Moot Court Award of Excellence
- Florida Bar, Young Lawyers Division
- St. Petersburg Bar Association
- National Order of the Barristers
- Gulf Coast Legal Services, Board of Directors (2017 - present)
- Stetson University College of Law, Moot Court Advocacy Skills Trainer
- National Eagle Scout Association
- "What to Know About Stays Pending Appellate Review," Trenam Law Appellate Newsletter, September 2018
- "The Importance of Preserving Issues for Appellate Review," Daily Business Review, May 2017