Charles Reynolds is Senior Counsel in the firm’s Litigation and Dispute Resolution Group. He concentrates his practice in premises liability, product liability, construction defect litigation, medical malpractice, litigation, and the defense of toxic torts.
With over 30 years of practice, Mr. Reynolds he has a wide variety of experience gleaned from a unique background. He is veteran of the United States Air Force, having served during the First Gulf War as officer and Judge Advocate. During his Air Force career he also served as an Assistant United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia and the military’s trial observer for American and NATO personnel serving in Europe. Following military service he became the Chief Legal Officer for Geonex Corporation, a cutting edge military and civilian contractor specializing in digital and satellite global mapping. Prior to joining Trenam, Mr. Reynolds was a partner and Department Chair for Casualty and Liability Litigation in one of the country’s largest insurance defense firms, a role in which he spent nearly 25 years.
- Served as state coordinating litigation counsel for a national medical supplier in multi-district product liability suits alleging personal injury from exposure to latex.
- Represented a national home building products supplier in several hundred construction defect lawsuits across Florida including state and federal jurisdictions.
- Represented several Florida theme parks in a wide variety of suits alleging serious personal injury.
- Represented multiple product manufacturers in several categories of toxic tort lawsuits, including those alleging exposure to asbestos, lead, and benzene.
- Successfully obtained summary judgment for a home builder against a homeowner claiming several million dollars in damages, including the loss of professional baseball career, from mold exposure.
- Represented numerous night clubs, bars, and restaurants in negligent security matters resulting in death or serious injury.
- Obtained a defense verdict at trial for suit brought by patron of golf course claiming brain damage and loss of an eye as the result of negligent course design.
- Represented Homeowner Insurance Carrier in first party property suits throughout Florida.
Honors and Distinctions
- Certified LEED Green Associate
- AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation, Construction Law, 2020 - 2022
- Tampa Bay Magazine, Best Lawyers in Tampa Bay, 2012
- Supreme Court of Florida Judicial Ethics Advisory Committee, 2018 -2022 (one of only two attorneys appointed by The Florida Bar)
- IADC CLE Planning Chair, 2021
- IADC Construction Law Committee, Chair, 2007 - 2009; 2012 - 2016
- IADC Products Committees, Vice Chair – Special Projects, 2012 - Present
- IADC Mid-Year CLE Committee, 2017
- DRI, Vice Chair Partnering with Industry, 2016, 2017
- IADC Construction Committee, Chair, 2014 - 2016
- DRI Annual Meeting Steering Committee, 2013 - 2014
- IADC Annual Meeting Steering Committee, 2013
- DRI Indoor Air Quality Sub-Committee, Chair, 2003 - 2004
- DRI Trial Techniques Sub-Committee, Chair, 2002 - 2005
- AAA, Arbitrator, Consumer Disputes
- Fifty-Four Attorneys from Trenam Law Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2022
- Fifty-Four Attorneys from Trenam Law Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2021
- Charles Reynolds Discusses COVID-Related Litigation Risks in America’s Supply Chain for Food Logistics
- Charles E. Reynolds Joins Trenam Law As Senior Counsel
- "Sunscreen: Getting Burned Has Never Been So Painful," DRI, Brief Case Publications, Volume 1 Issue 1, March 2022
- "101 Years of IADC: The Laws and Cases That Defined the Past Century and a Look Ahead", Moderator, IADC Annual Meeting, August 2021
- "The Business and Defense of Insurance Companies and Their Insureds in a Post-COVID World," International Association of Defense Counsel Speaks Podcast, July 2020
- "COVID-19, Litigation and America’s Supply Chain," Food Logistics, July 2020
- “Dust in the Wind, Toxic Exposure from Construction Sites,” Construction Executive Magazine, May 2018
- IADC Trial Academy Faculty at Stanford Law School, 2014
- "Daubert Goes to the Beach, Florida Amends its Rules of Evidence to Adopt Daubert Standard for Expert Testimony," IADC Committee Newsletter, November 2013
- “The Enhanced Injury Doctrine: How the Theory of Liability is Addressed in a Comparative Fault World,” IADC Defense Counsel Journal, April 2012
- Florida Chapter of the Defense Research Institutes (DRI) Compendium of Punitive Damages (2010)
- "Nanotechnology: Promise or Pandora's Box?," In House Defense Quarterly Magazine, Spring 2007
- "Four Toxic Torts You May See Before The End of 2005,” For The Defense Magazine, July 2005
- "Mold, Mildew and Marco," Mealey's Litigation Report, June 2002
- Guest Instructor, Paralegal Studies, “The Role of Paralegal at Trial”, Hillsborough Community College, 1997
- Guest Instructor, Paralegal Studies, Rollins College, 1993