Maja Lacevic focuses her practice on a broad range of health care and transaction-based services, including mergers and acquisitions, the preparation, review and negotiation of business contracts, and other general business legal matters.
Maja is certified in Health Care Compliance by the Compliance Certification Board. She represents entrepreneurs, physicians, physician group practices, imaging and diagnostic facilities, managed care and related strategic entities, private equity groups and venture capital investors on buy-side and sell-side transactions and state and federal health care regulatory matters. Maja also represents various businesses with respect to matters relating to entity selection and formation, partnership and shareholder agreements, employment, contracting, compensation and equity arrangements, and securities law.
Maja regularly counsels clients on health care transactions, HIPAA and licensure issues, changes of ownership, confidentiality and information sharing, risk management, fraud and abuse prevention, credentialing, and hospital staff privilege matters.
- Represented a Florida-based multi-office primary care physician medical practice and an affiliated hospital group in an asset sale to a regional primary health care provider and portfolio company a healthcare focused private-equity group.
- Represented acquired party in a merger into a single specialty physician practice management company of a multi-physician (28 physician-partners and approximately 20 clinicians) anesthesia practice that provides inpatient and outpatient anesthesia services to a Northeast Florida based health system.
- Represented acquired party in a merger into a single specialty physician practice management company of a multi-physician (6 physician-partners and approximately 9 clinicians) anesthesia practice that provides inpatient and outpatient anesthesia services to a Northeast Florida based health system and to multiple other clinical sites.
- Represented acquiring parties and acquired parties in purchases and sales of numerous single location and multi-county/multi-location home health agencies, including the implementing of management arrangements, and addressing related planning.
- Represented home health agencies, physicians, and group practices in licensing and in other regulatory and compliance matters.
- Negotiated numerous physician, group practice, and hospital employment agreements.
- Represented a strategic buyer in the acquisition of multiple dental practices.
- Represented acquired party in sale of multi-location (19 locations) comprehensive outpatient rehabilitation facility and related physical therapy practices (and restructuring of the business in connection with accomplishing the sale).
- Represented multiple physicians involved with medical staff and peer review proceedings with hospitals.
Private Equity/Venture Capital
- Represented multi-state trucking logistics firm, and its institutional investor owners, in sale of company to national private-equity backed transportation services provider.
- Represented a cybersecurity and compliance firm in connection with a $54.5 million preferred equity investment from a private equity fund focused on growth equity investments.
- Represented a private equity buyer in the acquisition of a brand communications agency.
- Represented a venture capital investor with respect to its investment in a biotechnology-based company.
- Represented a strategic private equity buyer in the acquisition of a waste company.
- Represented a strategic private buyer in the acquisition of a facility decommissioning and furniture redeployment company.
- Represented two related parties in an 8 figure asset sale to a strategic buyer of a multi-location, large-scale new construction/renovation door and hardware supply and installation business.
Corporate Advice & Counseling
- Represented various entrepreneurs, start-ups, small businesses, and mature companies with respect to the formation, tax planning, and structure of their businesses, including, but not limited to, the preparation of their governing documents.
- Represented numerous clients in the purchase or sale of the assets or ownership interests of a business (both health care and other businesses) by an unrelated third party.
- Represented multiple clients with respect to Regulation D private offerings, filing notices of exempt offerings in connection with private placements, and applying for access codes to file on the SEC EDGAR system.
Honors and Distinctions
- Business Observer “40 Under 40,” 2018
- Certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC)®
- Florida Super Lawyers, Rising Star 2018
- Florida Trend Legal Elite, Up and Comer, 2015-2017
- Preeminent Peer Review AV Rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- Tampa Bay Business Journal's "Up & Comer's Under 30," 2016
- University of South Florida's Outstanding Young Alumni Award 2018
- American Bar Association, Business Law and Health Law Sections
- American Health Lawyers Association, Business Law and Governance PG
- Association for Corporate Growth Tampa Bay
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Former Young Lawyer Division Board of Directors, Treasurer
- Former Liaison to the Hillsborough County Bar Foundation and Historian
- Former Law Week Committee Chair
- The Florida Bar, Business Law and Health Law Sections
- Former Best Buddies Champion of the Year Candidate, 2013
- Hillsborough County Bar Association Leadership Institute Class of 2013-2014, Committee Chair, 2014-2015
- Junior League of Tampa
- Strategic Planning Committee
- Tampa Connection Alumni
- USF Women in Leadership and Philanthropy, Programs Committee
- Program Chair, 2018
- Maja Lacevic Recognized As a Business Observer 40 Under 40
- Forty Seven Trenam Attorneys Recognized in Florida Super Lawyers 2018
- Maja Lacevic Receives 2018 University of South Florida Outstanding Young Alumni Award
- Maja Lacevic Starts New Scholarship Fund for USF’s Women in Leadership & Philanthropy
- Trenam Cybersecurity Update: All 50 States Now Have Data Breach Laws
- Maja Lacevic Named Program Chair for USF’s Women in Leadership & Philanthropy Fall Symposium 2018
- Twenty One Attorneys Named to Florida Trend Magazine’s “Legal Elite” 2017 and Top 5 Law Firm With the Most Honorees
- Maja Lacevic Appointed as Treasurer of The Hillsborough County Bar Association Young Lawyers Division Board of Directors
- Maja Lacevic Discusses Regulatory Challenges in Population Health Management in January 2017 Issue of For The Record Magazine
- Maja Lacevic Discusses Regulatory Challenges in Population Health Management
- "The Regulatory Challenges of Population Health Management", For The Record Magazine, January 2017
- "Hot Topics in Health Law" Radiology Today, October 2016
- “OCR HIPAA Compliance Audits 2016: Are you Audit Ready?” Lawyer Magazine, Hillsborough County Bar Association, Vol. 26, No.3, 2016
- Presenter: "Best Practices for Private Equity Healthcare Transactions" CLE Presentation for the Health Law Section of the Hillsborough County Bar Association, September 26, 2018.
- Co-Presenter: “Structuring Health Care Transactions-Avoiding Transaction Pitfalls” CLE Webinar The Florida Bar Health Law Section, November 8, 2016.
- Co-Presenter: “Multidistrict Litigation in the Healthcare Arena” CLE Hillsborough County Bar Association Health Law Section, 2015.