Reed Arroyo is an Associate in the firm’s Employment Law Practice Group. He is experienced in a wide array of employment law issues, including discrimination, harassment and retaliation, whistleblower retaliation, FLSA wage and hour, ADA failure to accommodate, FMLA interference and retaliation, and employment contracts, among other matters. He has represented employers and business owners in employer-related disputes, helping to resolve legal issues through negotiation, mediation, and litigation.
Reed is fluent in Spanish.
- Assisted employer with reduction in force of multi-state workforce, including compliance with various state mini-WARN laws and the group layoff requirements of the OWBPA.
- Drafted successful opposition to plaintiff’s motion to add punitive damages in a non-compete litigation matter.
- Successfully opposed defendant’s motion to dismiss for lack of personal jurisdiction in the Middle District of Florida.
- Helped secure partial summary judgment for client in the Middle District of Florida on plaintiff’s Equal Pay Act and California False Claims Act claims.
- Successfully represented client during mediation in an unpaid commissions case.
- The Orange County Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Section
- 2020 Treasurer of OCBA Law Week
- Florida Bar Labor & Employment Section
- “DHS Introduces New Alternative Procedures for Remote Examination of Work Authorization Documents,” Employment Law Update, September 2023
- “NLRB Marks Return to Stricter Standard for Evaluating Workplace Policies,” Employment Law Update, September 2023
- “NLRB Decision Marks Return to Stricter Independent Contractor Test,” Employment Law Update, June 2023