Bob Decker is of counsel in the St. Petersburg office. He joined Trenam in August 2009 as a Shareholder and served as co-chair of the Real Estate and Lending Transactions Practice Group for several years. Bob is a highly experienced real estate lawyer who has practiced in St. Petersburg since 1974. He focuses on commercial real property transactions, real estate and asset based lending, affordable housing transactions, commercial real estate leasing and land use and administrative determinations relating to real estate.
Prior to joining the firm, Bob was a founding partner at Decker Beeler, P.A. in St. Petersburg. In addition, he is a former Captain of the United States Marine Corps.
- Represented numerous national and state banks in connection with acquisition, development and construction loans for shopping centers, hotels, apartments, affordable housing, nursing home and condominium projects, industrial and office parks and residential subdivisions.
- Acted as counsel to developer in several dockominium/rackominium projects.
- Represented lenders in the financing of continuing care communities that were either formed under Chapter 651, Florida Statutes (as licensed by the Department of Insurance, State of Florida) or under Chapter 718, The Florida Condominium Act. Projects involved not only life care elements, but assisted living and skilled nursing facilities.
Honors and Distinctions
- Florida Bar Board Certified in Real Estate, 1987-2017
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Court Mediator, 2010-2016
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- The Best Lawyers in America (Real Estate Law) 2009-2019
- The Best Lawyers in America Tampa Bay Lawyer of the Year (Real Estate Law) 2019
- Florida Legal Elite, Florida Trend Magazine, 2004-2010
- Florida Legal Elite Hall of Fame, Florida Trend Magazine, 2010-2018
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2006-2018 (10+ year recognition)
- St. Petersburg Bar Foundation Heroes Among Us Award 2008
- All Children's Hospital Foundation William Belcher Award, 2010
- Sixth Judicial Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission, Commissioner, 2008-2011
- The Florida Bar
- Grievance Panel 6A, 1986-1989
- Chair, 1988-1989
- Practice Management & Technology Section, Chair, 1986-1987
- St.Petersburg Bar Association
- President, 1997-1998
- St.Petersburg Bar Foundation
- Board of Trustees, 2002-2005
- St. Pete Bar Foundation, Inc.
- Volunteer, 2014-present
- Remember Honor Support (a charitable organization dedicated to ensuring the Tampa Bay area never forgets the events of 9/11/01)
- Volunteer, 2015-present
- All Children's Health System, Inc.
- Board of Directors, 2002-2011
- Chair, 2008-2010
- All Children's Hospital, Board of Trustees, 1986-1992
- Chair, 1991-1992
- Eckerd College
- Board of Trustees, 1987-1990
- Pinellas County Board of Adjustment, 2000-2003
- Pinellas County Charter Review Commission, 2004-2007
- Chair, 2004-2005
- Seminole Chamber of Commerce
- President, 1977-1978
- St.Petersburg Area Chamber of Commerce
- Board of Governors, 1995-1998
- St. Petersburg Downtown Partnership, Inc.
- Chair, 2000-2002
- Forty Attorneys from Trenam Law Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2019
- Twenty Attorneys Named to Florida Trend Magazine’s “Legal Elite” 2018
- Forty Seven Trenam Attorneys Recognized in Florida Super Lawyers 2018
- Thirty Four Attorneys from Trenam Law Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2018
- Twenty One Attorneys Named to Florida Trend Magazine’s “Legal Elite” 2017 and Top 5 Law Firm With the Most Honorees
- Forty-Five Trenam Attorneys Recognized in Florida Super Lawyers 2017
- Forty Two Trenam Lawyers Named to the 2016 Florida Super Lawyers and 2016 Florida Rising Stars Lists
- Thirty-Two Trenam Attorneys Listed in 2016 Best Lawyers in America Including Two as Lawyer of the Year
- Nineteen Trenam Law Attorneys Named to Florida Trend’s Legal Elite: Firm is Ranked #1 With Most Women Named to Legal Elite
- Florida Trend’s Legal Elite Includes 11 Trenam Attorneys: Firm is ranked second on list of most women honorees