Shaun Amarnani is Senior Counsel for Trenam Law in the Real Estate and Lending Transactions and Technology Practice Groups. He focuses his practice in the areas of land use, re-zonings, comprehensive plan changes, alcohol beverage regulations, government advocacy, commercial real estate leases, commercial mortgages, purchase and sale agreements, and representing technology companies in various capacities.
Prior to joining Trenam, Shaun worked as a manager for the City of St. Petersburg City Development Administration. He also worked as an assistant attorney for both the City of Tampa and Hernando County. His experience includes legally representing multiple review boards in zoning, alcohol license, variance, and historic review hearings. He has also drafted development agreements and other public-private partnership agreements, and has experience in drafting new land use codes.
Prior to his public experience, Shaun worked in the private sector where he reviewed and drafted commercial leases, drafted releases, reviewed title, approved receivership leases, and reviewed commercial loan documents to determine borrower/guarantor liability.
- Advised St. Petersburg Mayor and City Development Administrator on various policy issues.
- Lead draft of new zoning category in St. Petersburg that accommodates detached row homes.
- Worked on various City of St. Petersburg public-private partnership agreements with developers.
- Represented City of Tampa for City Council rezoning, comprehensive plan, and alcohol license hearings, Variance Review Board (VRB) hearings, Architectural Review Commission (ARC) hearings, Barrio Latino Commission (BLC) hearings, Historic Preservation Commission (HPC) hearings, and Code Enforcement Magistrate/Code Enforcement Board hearings.
- Represented City of Tampa on Hyde Park Village development agreement.
- Represented City of Tampa on revised Encore development agreement.
- Represented City of Tampa on revised K-Bar Ranch development agreement.
- Represented City of Tampa on the restaurant Ulele ad valorem historic property tax exemption review.
- Represented City of Tampa on the hotel Le Meridian ad valorem historic property tax exemption review.
- Represented City of Tampa on several density bonus agreements.
- Represented City of Tampa on a Fla. Stat. 70.51 administrative hearing in front of special magistrate.
- Represented Hernando County for County Commission Hearings, Planning and Zoning Commission hearings, Board of Construction and Regulation hearings, and Hernando County Aviation Authority hearings.
- Represented Hernando County on 2 development agreements that memorized the creation of necessary infrastructure to develop over 3,000 residential units and 50,000 sf of commercial property for a 1,300 acre golf course community.
- Represented Hernando County on creation of design ordinance for certain residentially zoned neighborhoods.
Honors and Distinctions
- "40 Under 40 Business Leader", The Business Observer, 2017
- Florida Trend Magazine’s Legal Elite, 2015 – Top Governmental and Non-Profit Attorneys
- St. Petersburg Chamber of Commerce
- Grow Smarter Plan: Corridor and Districts Zoning Committee Chair, 2017-Present
- Leadership St. Pete Class of 2017 Graduate
- Education Committee, 2016-2017
- Leadership St. Pete Alumni Association
- Leadership Florida
- Connect Florida Tampa Bay Regional Planning Committee, 2015 – 2016
- Connect Florida Statewide Leadership Class V Graduate, 2014 – 2015
- Tampa Bay Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- ULI Programming Committee, 2016 – Present
- 2017 ULI Statewide Conference Committee, 2016 – 2017
- ULI Membership Committee, 2014 – 2015
- Tampa Bay Society of Real Estate Professionals (SOREP)
- Board of Directors, 2018
- Tampa Bay Indo-US Chamber of Commerce
- Vice President of Community Relations, 2015 – 2016
- Executive Committee, 2014 – 2016
- The Florida Bar
- Eminent Domain Standing Committee, 2013 – 2014
- Small Claims Rules Standing Committee, 2009 – 2012
- Williams Park Partnership (WIPA Partnership)
- Historic Old Northeast Neighborhood Association
- Board of Directors, 2014 – 2016
- Salvador Dali Museum, Member
- Techstar Startup Digest Curator
- FSU College of Law Placement Mentor
- Former Founder of PetNet Program on behalf of Humane Society of Tampa Bay, 2013 – 2015
- Don Mastry, Katherine O’Donniley and Shaun Amarnani Discuss Land-Use and Zoning Differences Between St. Pete and Tampa in Business Observer
- Trenam Attorney Shaun N. Amarnani Appointed to Board of Directors of the Society of Real Estate Professionals
- Shaun Amarnani Recognized As a 40 Under 40 Business Leader by The Business Observer
- Shaun Amarnani Tells Business Observer About Joining Trenam Law
- Stpeteisfortech.com, Blogger/Founder
- St. Pete's Missing Middle and a New Model for Development, St. Pete Tiny Home Festival, 2018
- St. Petersburg Affordable Housing Panel, Et Culture, Moderator, 2017
- Economic Development in Tampa Bay Panel Presentation, Stetson University College of Law, 2017
- Land Use Law Panel Presentation, Stetson University College of Law, 2016