Zachary Chauhan is an Associate in the Real Estate and Lending Transactions Practice Group. Zak has extensive experience representing owners, developers, and investors in the acquisition/disposition, development and financing of commercial real estate. In addition, Zak represents both landlords and tenants in various commercial leasing transactions. Zak combines legal expertise, a substantial knowledge of local real estate markets, and financial acumen to provide his clients with business-minded solutions and representation.
Real Estate/Commercial Purchases & Sales
- Represented a property owner in the sale of a $3 million office building in Miami-Dade County, Florida.
- Represented a hotel developer in the acquisition of real properties in Alachua and Brevard Counties, totaling over $1.5 million dollars, including negotiation of necessary easements to permit development.
- Represent a national developer with 25 real property acquisitions across the country have closed since the beginning of 2017, to be developed as quick service restaurants, fast casual food dining concepts, and urgent care facilities.
- Represented the seller of an apartment complex community, valued in excess of $100 million, in Manatee County, Florida.
- Represented a regional developer in the acquisition of a $4 million property in Collier County, including negotiation of a master declaration that would affect the property after closing.
- Represented a national developer in the acquisition of approximately 51 acres, for just under $18 million, within a master planned development, including preparation of a Master Declaration and other documents to govern the relationship and development of the parcels.
- Assisted a developer with the transfer of a privately owned golf course to property owners association to be used as a common area.
- Represented a landowner in the sale of a portion of a Master Planned Community to a national residential home-builder, including preparation of the Master Association documents and easements to govern relationship post-closing.
- Represented a landowner in the sale of real property in Seminole County, Florida to national multi-family developer, including negotiation of the terms of the $5.2 million purchase and sale agreement.
- Represented a national lender in connection with an $84 million syndicated condominium construction loan for a new development in Lee County, Florida.
- Represented a lender in providing financing to two separate shopping center owners in Broward County, Florida for loans in excess of $50 million.
- Represented a lender in providing $10.5 million financing for a medical center in Duval County, Florida.
- Represented homeowners in negotiations regarding proposed terms of access easement for ingress and egress in Hillsborough County, Florida.
- Represented a condominium association in negotiations of access easements and shared parking agreements required by proposed zoning change in the City of Tampa.
- Represent both landlord and tenants in negotiations of in-line shopping center leases.
- Represented a tenant in negotiation of a ground lease with a local governmental authority for a term of 40 years, with a total rental value of approximately $14 million during the entire term.
- Negotiated a submerged land leases with the Board of Trustees of the Internal Improvement Trust Fund.
- Represented a landlord in negotiating medical facility leases for four facilities.
- Represented a party bidding on the lease sale of several real estate parcels in separate bankruptcy proceedings, including review of and negotiating terms of the lease sale agreement.
Honors and Distinctions
- Florida Super Lawyers, Rising Star 2020
The Florida Bar
- Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce
- Emerge Tampa Bay Member