Our clients care about their land and businesses throughout the state. Trenam’s Eminent Domain and Property Rights Litigation Group represents clients in all of Florida’s 67 counties in eminent domain, property rights litigation, and inverse condemnation claims. Our team guides clients through the process, protects their rights, and fights for their full compensation.
The Florida Constitution guarantees your recovery of attorney’s fees and reasonable costs when your property is taken in eminent domain. These fees and costs are paid by the party taking your land in addition to compensation for your land and business, thus, our team represents you at no cost to you.
The lawyers in the group work in trial and appellate courts and in administrative proceedings. We also provide project research and planning services to our clients owning multiple properties.
We regularly represent owners in road widenings and expansions, electric transmission line construction, pipeline construction, utility projects, water management projects, and other public projects. Our representation includes all types of properties and businesses. One lawyer works with you as a specific point of contact to keep you informed and prepared throughout the process.
- Eminent domain is the power of the government to take private property necessary for a public purpose with payment of full compensation.
- Inverse condemnation is the owner’s claim against the government for the taking of property by physical invasion or regulation, including land use exactions.
- Property rights claims are various and include access preservation, declaratory relief, and Bert J. Harris, Jr. Private Property Rights Protection Act.
- Bed, Bath and Beyond
- Buy Buy Baby, Inc.
- Checkers Drive-In Restaurants
- Christmas Tree Shops
- Circle K Stores
- Darden Restaurants
- McDonald’s USA
- Metro Development Group
- Northern Trust
- Perkins & Marie Callendar’s
- Redstone Properties