When business disputes arise, you want to protect your business and financial interests while resolving issues quickly so you can get back to doing what you do well: running your company.
Litigation can become complex and expensive for your business. Trenam attorneys act as your trusted legal advisors to preemptively anticipate disputes to safeguard your assets, and structure your unique contractual obligations and other business relationships in order to minimize risk and avoid litigation. When defending or pursuing a lawsuit or quasi-judicial proceeding becomes necessary, we are your fierce advocates in the courtroom. We use our deep understanding of your business to pursue the best legal strategy for your business goals – whether negotiating a quick settlement, litigating a case to conclusion, or some alternative resolution. And should litigation result in an unfavorable outcome or a favorable judgment is challenged, Trenam’s Appellate Law Group combines the firm’s litigation skills and knowledge of substantive law with the unique laws, rules, and procedures governing appeals proceedings to provide our clients with appellate expertise in every phase of litigation, both civil and criminal.
No matter the size of your business, with hundreds of collective years representing Fortune 100 companies, mid-size companies, small start-ups, individuals, cities, school boards, universities, and other governmental entities on a wide range of issues in both state and federal courts as well as in mediation and arbitration, Trenam attorneys have the experience you need.
Our team will assist you with:
- Litigating business disputes involving contract, fraud, employment claims, data breach, all types of construction disputes, and other commercial litigation matters.
- Handling all types of appeals including commercial litigation appeals, bankruptcy appeals, probate & guardianship appeals, family law appeals, and administrative law and local government appeals.
- Defending class actions involving toxic torts, Multi-District Litigation, and claims brought under federal and state consumer protection statutes.
- Managing claims and litigation involving financial institutions and companies, securities broker/dealers, and their registered representatives in state and federal courts.
- Insurance coverage and fraud disputes involving casualty/personal injury defense representation for businesses, corporations, individuals, public utilities, and other public entities throughout Florida.
- Protecting intellectual property rights regarding trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, and patents in federal courts, as well as prosecuting infringement of trademarks, service marks, and logos at the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), as well as in state and international offices.
- Structuring landlord-tenant agreements and navigating any disputes which may arise.
- Defending and filing civil false claims and qui tam/whistleblower suits.
- Resolving employment disputes by defending against claims of: discrimination; wrongful discharge; breach of contract; and disputes involving non-compete agreements and other restrictive covenants, as well as prosecuting claims of employee theft of confidential information, trade secrets, and other employment torts.
- Defending against product liability claims, including those related to personal injury and property damage.
- Handling real estate litigation through defense of commercial real estate title and leasing property rights, as well as foreclosure of commercial real estate litigation across Florida.
- Mediating disputes or navigating arbitration proceedings before various forums, such as the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), the American Arbitration Association (AAA), and Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services (JAMS).
To learn more about our full complement of litigation services, please visit:
- Casualty / Personal Injury Defense
- Commercial Litigation
- Cybersecurity and Data Privacy
- Eminent Domain and Property Rights Litigation
- Intellectual Property
- Mediation and Arbitration
- Professional Liability
- Qui Tam / Whistle Blower Claims
- Securities Litigation and Arbitration