Whether you are running a small family business or a Fortune 500 enterprise, employees are essential to your business’ success. They can also present legal and business challenges unique to your company’s operations and culture. Since employment issues affect your business’ reputation, market share, and ability to attract and retain talented employees, Trenam attorneys work as your trusted legal and business partners to position your workforce and company for success.
Trenam attorneys work closely with employers to understand their specific needs when it comes to effectively managing their teams. We help you develop a legal strategy to reduce risk in your workplace, safeguard your assets, and mitigate your liability. From recruitment and onboarding to termination, we provide day-to-day counseling, as well as advice on implementing policies that ensure your workforce operates safely and effectively, while maintaining compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
Our team will assist you with:
- Negotiating and enforcing employment contracts, non-competes, non-solicitation agreements, and other restrictive covenants
- Counseling on discrimination and harassment compliance and claims brought by employees
- Employment advice and disputes
- Drafting employee handbooks, including designing employee policies and procedures
- Providing guidance and navigating disputes related to common employment issues, such as:
- Wrongful termination, retaliation, and whistle blower claims
- Operational and legal challenges regarding employee leave under the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)Accommodations related to disabilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), disability accommodation counseling, and all associated litigation
- Wage and our issues, including litigation brought under the Fair Labors Standards Act (FLSA)
- A wide variety of employee benefit plans and compensation programs, including the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA), Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs), Supplemental Executive Retirement Plans (SERPs), Long Term Incentive Plans (LTIPs), and 401(k)’s.
To learn more about our full complement of litigation services, please visit: