Your talent, combined with our practice and culture adds up to mutual success.
Why Join Trenam?
Our team members at Trenam Law enjoy a long and thriving career. We have been recognized numerous times as a “best place to work” and those who join Trenam are most often surprised by the friendly, supportive environment which makes us unique in the legal industry. Since its founding, we have been known for the quality of our lawyers and, of course, those high standards apply to all team members who make Trenam Law a great place to work. As part of our culture, we understand the importance of teamwork, where utilizing our legal skills and delivering excellent client service is the ultimate common goal. The firm takes teamwork seriously and, in addition to numerous group events, devotes a half-day each year to a firmwide team building activity, as well as other group activities throughout the year, that reinforces teamwork as an important core value.
Our firm’s size and reputation leads to opportunities to work on sophisticated and challenging legal matters while remaining small enough that team members can make a big difference. We hire those we believe will thrive in our environment, which is fast-paced and deadline driven. Team members are service oriented, motivated, able to take initiative and highly competent. Associates often have the opportunity to assume more significant responsibility earlier in their careers while being mentored and supervised by more senior attorneys. Attorneys, and their assistants, will find effective support for technology, client development, marketing efforts, billing/collections or benefits. Stewardship of our law firm is always a top priority for the Executive Board, practice group leaders, administrative management and each individual.
We value the culture established by the founding members of the firm and it has remained our priority throughout the firm’s history. Our culture allows us to work as a team in an environment with an open-door policy, excellent benefits, training for work and life skills, routine social activities, modern offices, and regular performance feedback. We are proud of our track record of attorneys who have been elevated in their positions and in leadership roles. We appreciate the diversity of perspective experienced attorneys bring to Trenam. Team members in all areas who join Trenam often note the collegial welcome they receive upon joining. We are always happy to hear from talented professionals who are interested in making a change to a firm where they will be supported and encouraged to make a significant impact.
We invite you to learn more about our firm through the rest of our website and to contact us at HRResume@trenam.com if you wish to be considered for employment.
Trenam’s Summer Associate Program provides selected law students with an opportunity to gain practical legal experience and the potential to be offered a full-time associate position after graduating from law school. Summer associates are typically selected during the fall recruitment process at the start of their 2L year, working at the firm between a student’s 2L and 3L years. Students at law schools where Trenam does not interview on campus should submit a resume, transcript copy and brief writing sample through HRResume@trenam.com before August 1. For out-of-state students who will be in Tampa the summer after 1L, we suggest to apply early in the summer to facilitate in-person interviews while in town.
Summer associates are encouraged to work on projects from a variety of practice areas to gain diverse experience. Typically, summer associates are involved in conducting research on applicable case law, initial document drafting, and observing depositions, trials, closings and client meetings. Program leaders conduct regular meetings to discuss available projects and provide guidance, and to act as mentors throughout the program. Regular feedback is offered based on evaluations from or conversations with supervising attorneys. Additionally, the summer includes opportunities to get to know our attorneys through social events and scheduled lunches.
We understand it is often difficult to distinguish one law firm from another We are confident from the initial interview to the summer working with us, you will experience what sets Trenam apart from other law firms and that is the quality of our team members, our commitment to excellent legal service, the culture of our firm, and our commitment to our clients.
- Business Transactions/M&A – Attorneys with experience in M&A and corporate transactions. Asset-based lending experience is helpful but not required. 3+ years of relevant experience
- Business Transactions/Tax or Executive Comp – Attorneys with 3+ years of experience in tax related to corporate transactions and acquisitions or in advising on executive compensation/benefits issues. Prior experience on general corporate transactional work is helpful.
- Environmental - An experienced attorney specializing in environmental law, including the assessment, remediation and governmental regulation of hazardous waste and environmental permitting. Will need to have sufficient experience to work independently.
- Estates, Trusts, Probate – An experienced attorney in the firm’s Private Client Services practice group. We are seeking 3-5 years of experience in estates, trusts, probate, wealth planning, or some combination. An LLM in taxation is highly desired in the practice.
- Lateral Attorneys – Trenam is open to those attorneys who have a portable practice and are looking to move to a firm that offers a positive environment and administrative support to make the transition a very simple process. We will are willing to consider additions in all practice areas for those who have a self-sustaining practice, and we have other attorneys and paralegals to assist when there are additional needs.
- Marketing/Firm Administration Support - seeking a creative person who has experience with events, email marketing, social media and has proficiency with graphics (In-Design, Photoshop) to be included in newsletters/invitations/email, etc. Additionally, will provide support within the administrative group for internal initiatives and firm/employee events.
- Legal Assistant – Commercial Real Estate – seeking individual experienced in supporting real estate lawyers with administrative assistance related to opening new matters, billing questions, editing and finalizing documents, preparing for closings and post-close process. Familiarity with the retrieval of property descriptions and requesting title are essential.
Please email resumes to HRResume@Trenam.com for consideration. Trenam Law is an EEO/AA employer.