Beth Cronin is a Shareholder and served for many years as a co-leader of the Litigation and Dispute Resolution Group. Her practice focuses on litigation involving commercial real estate title and leasing, title insurance, and banking and other financial services. In addition, she has served as an Adjunct Professor at Stetson University College of Law, where she taught courses in contracts and in interviewing, counseling and negotiation skills.
- Defended national bank in action brought by SEC receiver seeking more than $180 million in damages based on investment fraud perpetrated by bank’s customer. Prevailed on summary judgment on all claims, and successfully defended receiver’s appeal to the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
- Represented national title insurance company in defense of multimillion claim for alleged loss of development rights due to public’s right to use the dry-sand beach area of an Atlantic oceanfront commercial parcel. Prevailed on summary judgment on all claims, and awarded costs and fees incurred in the defense.
- Represented publicly-traded funding company in removing multimillion dollar deceptive trade practices class action to federal court, and in defeating motion to certify plaintiff class.
Honors and Distinctions
- The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation, 2019 – 2023
- Tampa Magazine’s Top Lawyers List, 2022
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Mediator, Circuit Civil
- Certified Mediator, United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2020 – 2022
- Florida Trend’s Legal Elite, 2010 – 2011, 2014, 2018
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- St. Petersburg Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association, Tampa Bay Chapter
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida Grievance Committee for the Tampa Division, Member, 2017-2020
- The Florida Bar
- Business Law Section, Member
- Real Property, Probate & Trust Section, Member
- Fifty-two Attorneys from Trenam Law Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2023 Four Attorneys Named “Lawyer of the Year”
- Twenty-Four Attorneys Listed in Tampa Magazine’s Top Lawyers for 2022
- Fifty-Four Attorneys from Trenam Law Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2022
- Forty One Attorneys Recognized in Florida Super Lawyers 2021
- Fifty-Four Attorneys from Trenam Law Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2021
- Forty Seven Attorneys Recognized in Florida Super Lawyers 2020
- Forty-Six Attorneys from Trenam Law Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2020
- Forty Attorneys from Trenam Law Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2019
- Twenty Attorneys Named to Florida Trend Magazine’s “Legal Elite” 2018
- Florida’s Legal Elite Includes 13 Trenam Kemker Attorneys