Brian Tunis is a Shareholder in the firm’s Business Transactions Group. Brian advises businesses and their owners on a wide variety of transactional and business matters including mergers and acquisitions, franchise matters, tax planning, and the establishment, reorganization, structure, and operation of their businesses. He also assists private companies and private equity groups with their fundraisings and offerings.
The multifaceted nature of Brian’s practice allows him to counsel his clients in a wide variety of industries and sectors effectively through a broad range and complex mix of business, financial and tax related issues.
- Represented one of the largest home furniture retailers in the United States with more than 300 stores in eight states in a $580 million sale of the company, by way of a 100% equity sale, to Franchise Group.
Honors and Distinctions
- Tampa Magazine’s Top Lawyers List, 2023
- The Best Lawyers in America “Ones to Watch”, Business Organizations – including LLCs & Partnerships, 2021-2023
- Florida Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2022
- Forty-One Attorneys Listed in Tampa Magazine’s Top Lawyers for 2023
- Fifty-two Attorneys from Trenam Law Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2023 Four Attorneys Named “Lawyer of the Year”
- Trenam Law Elects Five Attorneys to Shareholder
- Fifty-Four Attorneys from Trenam Law Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2022
- Brian Tunis Authors Article on Rise of Earnouts in Middle-Market Transactions for Mergers & Acquisitions Magazine
- Fifty-Four Attorneys from Trenam Law Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2021
- Brian Tunis Discusses Opportunities in COVID-era Franchising Investments for QSR