Brian Tunis is a member in the firm’s Business Transactions Group. Brian advises businesses and their owners on a wide variety of transactional and business matters including mergers and acquisitions, franchise matters, tax planning, and the establishment, reorganization, structure, and operation of their businesses. He also assists private companies and private equity groups with their fundraisings and offerings.
The multifaceted nature of Brian’s practice allows him to counsel his clients in a wide variety of industries and sectors effectively through a broad range and complex mix of business, financial and tax related issues.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented a strategic buyer in the acquisition of an established manufacturing business.
- Represented a large franchisee in the acquisition of Taco Bell restaurants.
- Represented a strategic buyer in the acquisition of a well-known local restaurant and its accompanying real estate.
- Represented a large franchisee in the sale of Pizza Hut restaurants.
- Represented an Applebee’s franchisee in the sale of its entire restaurant portfolio.
- Represented a large franchisee in the acquisition of Jiffy Lube locations.
- Represented a franchisee in its acquisition of Burger King restaurants.
- Represented a franchisee in its acquisition of Sonic restaurants.
- Represented a business owner in refinancing of credit facilities.
- Represented a restaurant group owner in obtaining financing through term and revolving credit facilities to finance operations and equipment.
- Represented a restaurant group owner in the refinance and consolidation of existing credit facilities.
- Represented a lender in bridge loan financing with a regional developer.
Honors and Distinctions
- The Best Lawyers in America "Ones to Watch", (Business Organizations - including LLCs and Partnerships) 2021