Widely recognized in the health care industry, Erin is a board certified health law specialist by the Florida Bar and she is the 2016 Lexology Client Choice Award Winner, nominated by clients and awarded for excellent client service in health law in the state of Florida.
Physicians, hospitals, physician group practices, diagnostic imaging centers, pharmacies, clinical laboratories, medical spas, concierge medical practices, and other health care providers in business law look to Erin for representation in a wide range of matters. Her more than 20 years of experience, paired with her desire to help people, has enabled Erin to successfully represent clients in a wide range of matters, including Stark law, fraud and abuse, acquisitions and changes of ownership, and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and licensure issues arising from joint ventures. She regularly prepares and negotiates hospital related agreements, physician employment agreements, medical director agreements, and licensure and scope of practice issues. Additionally, Erin advises on a variety of Florida health law issues including the developing cannabis law.
With a passion to share knowledge, Erin frequently speaks throughout the country and writes on health care topics. She has been published by the American Health Lawyers Association.
Erin enjoys meeting people of all backgrounds, giving back to the community, and participating in social and political activism, particularly initiatives that raise the status of women.
- Represented a not for profit hospital in the sale of its assets to a for-profit hospital system and assist in the creation and operational advice of a community foundation resulting from the hospital sale proceeds.
- Represented multiple health care provider entities and an ambulatory surgery center in their combination into a single entity with a management company which includes venture capital funds.
- Assisted a physician group with Stark compliance guidance and analysis of an overpayment claim and advice on repayment pursuant to the Stark Self Disclosure Protocol.
- Assisted a podiatry group with HIPAA and state law breach notifications and accompanying government investigation from a date breach involving more than 500 individuals.
- Assisted a newly built hospital with all of its facility and services licensure applications.
Honors and Distinctions
- Lexology Client Choice Award, 2016
- Tampa Bay Business Journal Businesswoman of the Year - Legal Services, 2014
- AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers in America, 2019 - 2020
- Florida Legal Elite by Florida Trend magazine
- Florida Super Lawyer by Super Lawyers magazine, 2008 - 2014, 2017 - 2020
- Tampa Magazine Tampa Top Lawyers, Health Care, 2016, 2019
- Loyola Law School Phelps Dunbar scholarship and the Warren E. Mouledoux Editor-In-Chief’s award for outstanding law review dedication and service.
- The Florida Bar, Executive Counsel to Health Law Section, 2011-2014
- The Florida Bar, Health Law Certification Committee, Chair, 2013-2019
- Hillsborough County Bar Health Law Section, Former Co-Chair
- Brain Expansions Scholastic Training, Inc., Board of Directors
- Crisis Center of Tampa Bay, Board of Directors
- Ruths List State Advisory Board
- Athena Society, Member
- American Diabetes Association Tampa Bay
- Former Chair of Community Leadership Board
- Former Walk Chair for the Step Out to Stop Diabetes Walk
- Planned Parenthood of Southwest and Central Florida, Former Board of Directors
- St. Petersburg Museum of Fine Arts, Former Board of Directors
- Suncoast Health Care Executives, Former President
- "Increased Patient Access under the 21st Century Cures Act: What it means for providers and why they need a HIPAA compliance checkup now," Foundation for Orthopedic Research & Education’s Virtual National Conference, November 2020