Jennifer Griffin is a Shareholder in the firm’s Private Client Services Group. Jennifer’s practice primarily focuses on the following areas:
- Wealth planning and preservation for individuals and families through the creation of customized estate plans created to address such issues as the minimization of tax impact, transfer of closely held business interests, and the implementation of specific distribution techniques to accommodate differing family dynamics.
- General administration of estates (advising clients through the probate process from start to finish) and the administration of trusts.
- Specific representation of fiduciaries (personal representatives, trustees, trust protectors, designated representatives, etc.) and beneficiaries, as to their rights and duties involved in the administration of estates and trusts, including assisting in the resolution of disputes arising from those administrations.
- Judicial and non-judicial modification of irrevocable trusts.
- Representation in the creation and negotiation of marital agreements as they apply to estate planning issues.
Honors and Distinctions
- The Best Lawyers in America (Trust and Estates) 2016-2020
- Florida Trend magazine’s “Florida Legal Elite” (2014, 2015, 2016)
- The Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Committee of the Young Lawyer's Division of the American Bar Association, Former appointed Vice-Chair
- The Florida Bar Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, Member
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Real Property Probate Trust Law Section, Member
- American Bar Association Real Property Probate Trust Law Section, Member
- Tampa Bay Estate Planning Council, Member
- Metropolitan Ministries Professional Advisory Council, Member
- American Red Cross Planned Giving Committee, Member
- David A. Straz, Jr., Center Planned Giving Committee, Member
- “Chapter 1 – Important Preliminary Administration Issues” Practice Under the Florida Probate Code, a Florida Bar Treatise (2005, 2007, 2009, 2012, 2014, and 2017), Co-Author, Publisher Lexis in association with The Florida Bar – “Go-to” Treatise for Florida Trust and Estate Practitioners.