Kathleen’s principal areas of practice are corporate and business transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, equity and debt financing and general business matters. Working closely with each client to develop a thorough understanding of business objectives, communication styles, and corporate culture, Kathleen structures, negotiates, and closes transactions for a diverse array of clients in various industries, including health care, manufacturing, and technology.
In practice for more than two decades, Kathleen has extensive experience representing public and private companies in acquiring and selling businesses, private equity transactions, business contracts and agreements, and general corporate matters. Her collaborative approach and emphasis on building deep relationships with clients gives her a thorough understanding of their business objectives and the ability to more effectively negotiate terms on their behalf.
In addition, Kathleen counsels clients on premerger notification compliance under the Hart-Scott-Rodino (HSR) Act, and prepares HSR filings for submission to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and Department of Justice (DOJ).
Honors and Distinctions
- Best Lawyers in America, Health Care Law, 2023
- The Florida Bar
- The Illinois Bar
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Southwest Florida Chapter, Former Volunteer Board Member
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Annual Great Strides Walk, Team Captain
- Fifty-two Attorneys from Trenam Law Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2023 Four Attorneys Named “Lawyer of the Year”
- Erin Aebel and Kathleen Bickelhaupt Discuss Private Equity Investment in Health Care for Tampa Bay Business Journal
- Trenam’s Newest Healthcare Attorneys Featured in Tampa Bay Business Journal