In virtually every sector and industry, from the smallest startup to the largest multi-national corporation, technology is a critical component for any business. It is a necessity that helps organizations work smarter, increase production, and provide better and faster results, often times reducing costs along the way. Trenam attorneys leverage their experience with technology, commerce, regulation, and the law to help clients anticipate and overcome legal and administrative obstacles.
We have substantial experience in handling the diverse issues affecting tech companies and have unique legal backgrounds in working for and/or with tech companies. Our experience helps us better understand your needs and offer relevant, insightful solutions. We focus on efficiently and effectively meeting the needs of our clients to respond to problems arising in the course of transactions and day-to-day business operations, and often act as “outsourced general counsel” for tech companies on a variety of matters, including: formation, venture capital, technology acquisition and licensing, employment and sourcing, strategic partnering, and ongoing legal compliance.
We have experience in areas that include hardware and software across a variety of applications, uses and deployment, hosted platforms, SaaS, Internet of Things, digital education, drones, and many more. We also advise clients on related matters to technology companies such as Intellectual Property, Cybersecurity and data protection, Employment, and Real Estate and Lending Transactions.
We are experienced in:
- Counseling on entity formation, governance, and drafting and filing applicable documents
- Advising on funding and strategic partnering opportunities for our client’s growth strategy
- Software maintenance and support agreements, license agreements, application development agreements and hosted services agreements
- Drafting and revising privacy policies and website terms and conditions
- Talent acquisition and structuring equity and benefit plans
- In-bound software and technology licenses and acquisitions
- Patent licensing
- Strategic alliances and joint ventures
- University licensing
- Customer, reseller, VAR and OEM agreements