Micah Novey is an associate in the firm’s Litigation and Dispute Resolution Practice Group. He concentrates his practice in commercial litigation, insurance defense, and First-Party Property.
While in law school, Micah served as a Federal Judicial Extern for the United State District Court for the Middle District of Florida under the Honorable Charlene Honeywell.
- Defended client in hospitality industry against a negligent security claim; obtained a favorable settlement after successfully deposing the opposing party and witnesses.
- Represented a condominium association and management company in claims asserting negligence; successfully obtained a protective order to prevent disclosure of damaging email correspondence between co-defendants.
- Represented hotel owner in a lawsuit by former guest, obtaining a favorable settlement for client at mediation.
- Defended commercial condominium association against a business invitee who was hit by a car while inside a store on the premises; obtained a favorable settlement at mediation with a persuasive lack of foreseeability argument.
- Defended massage therapy facilities against personal injury claims; secured favorable settlements after uncovering helpful evidence through extensive investigation.
- Represented a tree-cutting company in a wrongful death complaint.
- Represented general contractor in dispute over construction defect, obtaining a favorable settlement at mediation.