Trenam Law’s Land Use attorneys focus their combined resources on the use and development of real estate. We understand today’s regulatory issues and take an active role in the shaping of development trends in St. Petersburg, Tampa and surrounding areas.
Our Land Use attorneys work closely with lawyers in our Real Estate and Lending Transactions, Construction, Eminent Domain and Property Rights Litigation groups, and the firm’s Hospitality Team to provide multiple legal services for our clients based on their needs. We also frequently work on multi-disciplinary teams with architects, engineers, brokers, land use planners, and business professionals to create successful strategies for clients on complex development projects.
Our attorneys handle a full range of complex issues facing developers and property owners, including:
- Affordable and workforce housing
- Certificates of appropriateness
- Coastal high hazard areas
- Community redevelopment areas
- Comprehensive plan amendments
- Development agreements
- Due diligence for transactions and financing
- Grandfathered status for uses and structures
- Historic preservation
- Land use and development appeals and litigation
- Mixed-use projects
- Public-private partnerships
- Regulation and ordinance drafting
- Site plans
- Sovereignty submerged lands
- Special exceptions/uses
- Subdivisions and platting
- Takings, property rights, and condemnations
- Transferable development rights
- Represented client in obtaining site plan approval, community redevelopment agency approval, vacation of an alley and a sidewalk variance for a 24-story building containing 203 multifamily units and ground floor retail space.
- Represented client in obtaining site plan approval, alley and easement vacations, community redevelopment agency approval and transfer of development rights to build a 45-story building and 20-story building containing multifamily units, a hotel, and significant retail and office space. The project involved substantial collaboration between the client and the local government, and has a project cost in excess of $400 million.
- Represented client in creating a new zoning district and rezoning their property, which provided the client with an additional one million square feet of entitled floor area.
- Represented client in obtaining site plan approval and community redevelopment agency approval for a 41-story building containing 244 multifamily units and ground floor retail space.
- Represented client in obtaining vacation of air rights, site plan approval and community redevelopment agency approval for a mixed-use, public private partnership development containing a 28-story building with a 110-room hotel, 165 multifamily units, 73,000 square feet of office space and 47,000 square feet of retail space.
- Represented client in the rezoning of a 20-acre parcel and obtaining site plan approval for a 415-unit multifamily development.