Mathew Poling concentrates his practice on real estate. He has experience representing clients throughout the United States in the acquisition, disposition, leasing, financing, and use of all types of commercial real estate, including office, medical, retail, residential, agricultural, and vacant properties. A major part of this practice includes representing clients in zoning and land use entitlements, permitting, and licensing matters. Representative clients include REITs, real estate developers, institutional lenders, and a range of public and private companies.
Matt is an approved attorney agent for the major national title insurance underwriters.
Real Estate and Lending
- Sale of a $76 million multifamily property in Florida.
- Acquisition, financing, and leasing of a $75 million data center in Texas.
- Acquisition of a $12 million industrial building in Florida.
- Acquisition, financing, and leasing of a $71 million hospital portfolio in Texas and Louisiana.
- Acquisition and financing of an $85 million data center in Virginia.
- Acquisition and leasing of chain retail properties in Florida.
- Acquisition and financing of several $50 million hotels in Florida.
Land Use and Government; Solar Energy
- Site plan, variance, and special exception approvals for numerous large multifamily projects in Florida.
- Rezoning for a large mixed-use development in Florida.
- Local and state development approvals (land use and zoning changes, site plans, special use permits, etc.) for solar energy facilities in Florida.
- Appeals of comprehensive plan amendments and rezonings in Florida.
- Certificates of appropriateness for historic landmarks in Florida.
- Platting and vacating properties in Florida.
- Alcoholic beverage licensing and associated local approvals in Florida.
- Resolving code enforcement actions in Florida.
- Development approvals for various environmental matters (wetlands, floodplains, sovereignty submerged lands, protected species, etc.) in Florida.
- Regulatory takings and Bert Harris Act claims in Florida.
Honors and Distinctions
- Florida Super Lawyers, Rising Star 2019-2020
- AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- The Florida Bar
- Environmental and Land Use Law Section
- Real Property, Probate, and Trust Law Section
- Young Lawyers Division
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Pinellas County Land Development Code Stakeholder Group
- Friends of Brooker Creek Preserve, Past Senior Executive and Board Member
- Forty Seven Attorneys Recognized in Florida Super Lawyers 2020
- Forty-Nine Attorneys Recognized in Florida Super Lawyers 2019
- Trenam Law Bolsters Real Estate & Land Use Practices with Five Attorneys and Two Paralegals
- Additions to Real Estate & Lending Transactions Group Featured in Business Observer
- Tampa Bay Times Features Trenam Law and Expanded Real Estate Group
- Trenam Law’s Five Newest Real Estate Attorneys Featured in Tampa Bay Business Journal