Mathew Poling concentrates his practice on real estate development. Matt has experience representing clients throughout the United States in the acquisition, disposition, leasing, financing, and use of all types of commercial real estate, including office, medical, retail, residential, agricultural, and vacant properties. A major part of this practice includes representing clients in zoning and land use entitlements, permitting, and licensing matters. Representative clients include real estate developers, REITs, institutional lenders, and a range of public and private companies.
- Site plan, community redevelopment agency, variance, and special exception approvals for many residential and mixed-use towers in Florida.
- Vacations of rights of way, easements and air rights in Florida.
- Comprehensive plan amendments and rezonings in Florida.
- Certificates of appropriateness for historic landmarks in Florida.
- Platting and vacating properties in Florida.
- Development approvals for various environmental matters (wetlands, floodplains, sovereignty submerged lands, protected species, etc.) in Florida.
- Local and state development approvals (land use and zoning changes, site plans, special use permits, etc.) for solar energy facilities in Florida
Real Estate and Lending
- Development due diligence and feasibility of properties in Florida.
- Sale of a $76 million multifamily property in Florida.
- Acquisition, financing, and leasing of a $75 million data center in Texas.
- Acquisition of a $12 million industrial building in Florida.
- Acquisition, financing, and leasing of a $71 million hospital portfolio in Texas and Louisiana.
- Acquisition and financing of an $85 million data center in Virginia.
- Acquisition and leasing of chain retail properties in Florida.
- Acquisition and financing of several $50 million hotels in Florida.
Honors and Distinctions
- Tampa Magazine’s Top Lawyers List, 2023
- The Best Lawyers in America “One to Watch”, Land Use & Zoning Law; Real Estate Law, 2022-2023
- Florida Super Lawyers, Rising Star, Real Estate Law, 2019-2022
- AV® Peer Review Rated™ by Martindale-Hubbell®
- The Florida Bar
- Real Property, Probate, and Trust Law Section
- Pinellas County Land Development Code Stakeholder Group
- Friends of Brooker Creek Preserve, Past Senior Executive and Board Member
- Forty-One Attorneys Listed in Tampa Magazine’s Top Lawyers for 2023
- Fifty-two Attorneys from Trenam Law Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2023 Four Attorneys Named “Lawyer of the Year”
- Trenam Law Elects Five Attorneys to Shareholder
- Fifty-Four Attorneys from Trenam Law Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2022
- Forty One Attorneys Recognized in Florida Super Lawyers 2021
- Forty Seven Attorneys Recognized in Florida Super Lawyers 2020
- Forty-Nine Attorneys Recognized in Florida Super Lawyers 2019
- Trenam Law Bolsters Real Estate & Land Use Practices with Five Attorneys and Two Paralegals
- Additions to Real Estate & Lending Transactions Group Featured in Business Observer
- Tampa Bay Times Features Trenam Law and Expanded Real Estate Group
- Trenam Law’s Five Newest Real Estate Attorneys Featured in Tampa Bay Business Journal