Mathew Poling concentrates his practice on real estate. He has experience representing clients in the acquisition, disposition, leasing, financing, and use of all types of commercial real estate, including office, medical, retail, residential, agricultural, and vacant properties. A major part of this practice includes representing clients in zoning and land use entitlements, and environmental permitting matters. Representative clients include REITs, institutional lenders, real estate developers, and a range of public and private companies.
In addition to his transactional practice, Matt also has significant experience handling complex zoning and land use litigation, ranging from regulatory takings to appeals of comprehensive plan amendments, rezonings, and site plans.
Matt is an approved attorney agent for First American Title Insurance Company, Old Republic National Title Insurance Company, Fidelity National Title Insurance Company, Chicago Title Insurance Company, and Commonwealth Land Title Insurance Company.
- Sale of a $76 million condominium and apartment portfolio in Florida.
- Acquisition, financing, and leasing of a $75 million data center in Texas.
- Acquisition of a $12 million industrial building in Florida.
- Acquisition, financing, and leasing of a $71 million hospital portfolio in Texas and Louisiana.
- Acquisition and financing of an $85 million data center in Virginia.
- Acquisition and leasing of chain retail properties in Florida.
- Rezoning for a $100 million mixed use development in Florida.
- Appeals of multiple comprehensive plan amendments and rezonings in Florida.
- Setback variance for a residential home developer in Florida.
- Permitting, zoning, and land use approvals for solar energy facilities in Florida.
- Replatting of an industrial park in Florida.
- Environmental protection enforcement action for a yard trash facility in Florida.
- Sovereignty submerged lands issues in Florida.
- Regulatory takings and Bert Harris Act claims for a medical facility in Florida.
Honors and Distinctions
- Florida Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2019
- AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- The Florida Bar
- Environmental and Land Use Law Section
- Real Property, Probate, and Trust Law Section
- Young Lawyers Division
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Pinellas County Land Development Code Stakeholder Group
- Friends of Brooker Creek Preserve, Past Senior Executive and Board Member