Kyle McCabe is an associate in the firm’s Litigation and Dispute Resolution Practice Group. Kyle previously worked for Trenam as a Summer Associate while in law school. Additionally, he served as a Federal Judicial Extern for the U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida under the Honorable Anthony E. Porcelli.
Kyle represents clients in various areas of law including landlord-tenant law, labor and employment law, and general litigation. These matters have included:
- Represented a commercial landlord in eviction proceeding; obtained full payment of all past due rent, late fees, interest, and attorneys’ fees owed by the tenants without having to file the eviction action in court.
- Represented a residential property manager seeking possession and damages from a tenant who was behind on rent and caused physical damage to the property; despite CDC eviction moratorium in effect at the time, obtained judgment for possession and damages.
- Represented a residential tenant in specific performance suit to purchase the leased property from his landlords after they tried to back out of the contract; obtained mediated settlement whereby the tenant purchased the property.
Labor and Employment
- Represented an electrical contractor in a proceeding to enforce non-competition and non-solicitation agreements; obtained a settlement for damages resulting from a violation of an injunction.
- Represented a business in defending an unpaid wage claim; obtained partial summary judgment which significantly reduced the amount of potential damages.
- Represented a restaurant on satisfying minimum wage requirements under Florida and federal law.
- Represented a financial institution on document retention compliance with various Florida and federal laws.
- Represented a financial company involved in a construction dispute; obtained dismissal of all counts prior to filing a response in the action.
- Represented a financial institution in a foreclosure action; obtained substitute service through the Secretary of State and a default judgment against the defendants who were concealing their whereabouts.
- Represented an insurance company defending a claim alleging breach of its policy; obtained favorable settlement prior to filing any responses or answering the plaintiff’s written discovery.
- Represented a global assistive technology provider that had a default entered against it in a writ of garnishment action; vacated default and obtained dismissal of garnishment.
Honors and Distinctions
While in law school:
- Edward D. Foreman Most Distinguished Student Award – May 2020 – Stetson University College of Law
- Nominee for the Order of Barristers – May 2020 – Stetson University College of Law
- Most Outstanding Associate – Spring 2020 – Stetson Law Review
- Research and Writing II: Employment Discrimination Teaching Assistant – Spring 2020
- South Texas Trial Team Member – Spring 2020 – Stetson University College of Law
- ABA Arbitration Competition National Qualifier – Spring 2020 – Stetson University College of Law
- ABA Tax Challenge Team Member – Fall 2019 – Stetson University College of Law
- Federal Income Taxation Teaching Assistant – Fall 2019
- Highest Grade Designation – Bankruptcy – Fall 2019
- Highest Grade Designation – Sales/Leases – Fall 2019
- Member of the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot Competition Team
- Torts Teaching Assistant – Spring 2018
- Highest Grade Designation – Real Property – Spring 2018
- Highest Grade Designation – Torts – Spring 2018
- Dean’s List – Fall 2019; Spring 2019; Spring 2018; Fall 2017
- Intramural Basketball MVP – Stetson University College of Law
- Business Section of The Florida Bar
- Legislative Task Force, Amending Chapter 48 of the Florida Statues, 2021
- "Intro to Business Law", Speaker, University of Tampa Intro to Business Law, March 2022
- "Intro to Business Law", Speaker, University of Tampa Intro to Business Law, October 2021