Nikole Garcia joined the firm in 2003 and became a shareholder in 2008. She is a co-leader of the firm’s Real Estate and Lending Transactions Practice Group. Nikole’s practice focuses primarily on lending-acquisition, development and construction financing, and loan workouts and restructuring. Her practice also includes real estate acquisition and development.
- Represented regional and national lenders in connection with various real estate financing transactions, including: a revolving $75 million development and construction loan facility secured by multiple business parks in Miami-Dade County, Florida; various builder line credit facilities totaling in excess of $200 million; and Construction financing of several luxury condominium developments
- Represented local, regional and national lenders in various aspects of loan workouts and restructurings, including: restructuring a $12 million asset-secured borrowing base facility; working out over $60 million in troubled loans secured by hotel and motel properties; assisted a local developer in the acquisition and subsequent redevelopment financing of a high-end boutique inn and restaurant facility.
- Provided counsel to a development company in the acquisition of a large scale residential planned unit development and the subsequent creation of a reservation program and governing documents.
- Rendered local counsel advice and opinions in complex real estate financing transactions.
Honors and Distinctions
- Tampa Magazine’s Top Lawyers List, 2023
- AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Florida Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2009
- The Florida Bar
- American Bar Association