George Nader joined the firm in 1982, immediately following his graduation, cum laude, from the University of Miami School of Law. He became a Shareholder in 1987 and has worked his entire career with Trenam.
George handles all types of civil cases, primarily personal injury matters involving motor vehicle accidents, products liability, premises liability, governmental agency liability, insurance coverage litigation, casualty defense, probate and estate litigation, inadequate or negligent security, and medical negligence. He has represented plaintiffs in multiple cases involving catastrophic injury or death, with jury verdicts and/or settlements in excess of $1 million. He has also represented a diverse group of defendants in personal injury cases, including malls, restaurants, trucking equipment owners, physicians, and various other types of businesses. He has represented governmental agencies, such as the University of South Florida, the Department of Children and Families, and the Florida Highway Patrol. George has also represented banks and other businesses in complex, unusual litigation.
Additionally, George serves as a fee expert in disputes over legal fees by providing opinions on reasonable attorneys’ fees, hours, hourly rates, the Lodestar standard, and the application of multipliers. He reviews the entire file, researches the biographies of the lawyers involved and thoroughly reviews all facts and issues to be prepared to explain his conclusions succinctly and clearly.
George has been a Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil Mediator since 2006 and mediates all types of civil litigation cases, both pre-suit and in suit, in a diverse set of cases, ranging from personal injury, medical negligence, premises liability, motor vehicle accidents, breach of contract, and other commercial disputes. He delves into the details and attempts to assist the parties in reaching a fair and reasonable settlement.
A determined and tenacious litigator who leaves no stone unturned in his cases, George's philosophy is that no case is too difficult and every case is worth investigating and pursuing.
- Represented an individual who sustained serious brain injuries in a motor vehicle collision. The insurance company denied the claim based on the Police report citing her for failure to obey a stop sign. Proved the accident was caused by faulty wiring in the vehicle that struck her, rendering the headlights inoperable, and that she actually stopped twice at the stop sign. Matter settled for nearly $800,000.00.
- Represented and individual who sustained several foot fractures when falling off a roof in a construction site accident. The construction company, a joint venture with two other companies, failed to provide a life safety/fall protection system, and had no insurance. Obtained and collected a jury verdict of $1.25 million plus defendants paid attorney fees.
- Represented an individual who sustained a closed head injury in an amusement park after nursing staff on site failed to provide proper medical care and failed to provide adequate security from persons who assaulted the client. Obtained a settlement of $1.25 million.
- Represented motorcycle driver whose leg was amputated above the knee following an accident. Defendant claimed a city bus was blocking the view of the at-fault driver. George discovered a video of the scene proving Defendant's view was clear. Obtained a settlement of $3 million .
- Represented motorcycle driver who lost his leg when struck by an underinsured driver coming out of a shopping center. George discovered significant real estate owned by the Defendant and had it transferred to the client with a value of nearly $600,000.00.
- Represented an injured worker who fell through an attic with faulty support. During an eight (8) day jury trial, George disproved claims by three defendants alleging plaintiff was solely at fault, and obtained a global settlement of $2.65 million.
- Represented survivors of parent killed in a valet line. Obtained settlement of $1 million within three months.
Honors and Distinctions
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- The Best Lawyers in America (Personal Injury Litigation), 2018-2021
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil Mediator, 2006-present
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2012-2020
- Florida Trend Legal Elite, 2012, 2016-2017, 2019
- Tampa Magazine's Top Lawyers List, 2019-2020
- The Florida Bar
- Trial Lawyers Section
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), Tampa Bay Chapter
- President, 2019
- President Elect, 2018
- Vice-President, 2017
- Secretary, 2016
- Treasurer, 2015
- Membership Chair, 2015
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Trial Lawyers Section
- Mediation and Arbitration Section, past co-chair
- Military & Veterans Affairs Committee
- Big Brothers, Big Sisters
- past member of Board of Directors
- Bloomingdale Little League
- past member of Board of Directors
- Newsome High School Athletic Booster Club
- past president
- Atrium Condominium Homeowners Association,
- past president
- Fifty-Four Attorneys from Trenam Law Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2021
- Forty Seven Attorneys Recognized in Florida Super Lawyers 2020
- Trenam Law Attorneys Recognized as Top Lawyers 2020 by Tampa Magazine
- Forty-Six Attorneys from Trenam Law Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2020
- Twenty One Attorneys Named to Florida Trend Magazine’s “Legal Elite” 2019
- Forty-Nine Attorneys Recognized in Florida Super Lawyers 2019
- Trenam Law Attorneys Recognized As Top Lawyers 2019 By Tampa Magazine
- Trenam’s Mediation Newsletter: Using Experts in Your Next Mediation
- Forty Attorneys from Trenam Law Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2019
- Trenam’s Mediation Newsletter: Top Ten Tips for a Successful Mediation
- "When A Fee Expert Is Needed," author, July 2017.
- "Lend An Ear, Lend A Heart: The Misunderstood Affliction of PTSD," Hillsborough County Bar Association's Lawyer Magazine, author, March 2015.
- “When (Win) to Mediate,” Hillsborough County Bar Association’s Lawyer magazine, author, April 2011.
- “Mediation: Do You Really Want a Potted Plant,” Hillsborough County Bar Association’s Lawyer magazine, author, February 2009.
- “Mediation: Avoiding the Early Shutdown,” Hillsborough County Bar Association’s Lawyer magazine, author, February 2008.