George Nader joined the firm in 1982, immediately following his graduation, cum laude, from the University of Miami School of Law. He became a Shareholder in 1987 and has worked his entire career with Trenam.
George handles all types of civil cases, primarily personal injury matters involving motor vehicle accidents, products liability, premises liability, governmental agency liability, insurance coverage litigation, casualty defense, probate and estate litigation, inadequate or negligent security, and medical negligence. He has represented plaintiffs in multiple cases involving catastrophic injury or death, with jury verdicts and/or settlements in excess of $1 million. He has also represented a diverse group of defendants in personal injury cases, including malls, restaurants, trucking equipment owners, physicians, and various other types of businesses. He has represented governmental agencies, such as the University of South Florida, the Department of Children and Families, and the Florida Highway Patrol. George has also represented banks and other businesses in complex, unusual litigation.
Additionally, George serves as a fee expert in disputes over legal fees by providing opinions on reasonable attorneys’ fees, hours, hourly rates, the Lodestar standard, and the application of multipliers. He reviews the entire file, researches the biographies of the lawyers involved and thoroughly reviews all facts and issues to be prepared to explain his conclusions succinctly and clearly.
George has been a Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil Mediator since 2006 and mediates all types of civil litigation cases, both pre-suit and in suit, in a diverse set of cases, ranging from personal injury, medical negligence, premises liability, motor vehicle accidents, breach of contract, and other commercial disputes. He delves into the details and attempts to assist the parties in reaching a fair and reasonable settlement.
A determined and tenacious litigator who leaves no stone unturned in his cases, George’s philosophy is that no case is too difficult and every case is worth investigating and pursuing.
- Represented a woman who sustained serious brain injuries in a motor vehicle collision. The insurance company denied the claim based on the Police report citing her for failure to obey a stop sign. Mr. Nader proved the accident was caused by faulty wiring in the vehicle that struck her, rendering the headlights inoperable, and that she actually stopped twice at the stop sign. Matter settled for nearly $800,000.00.
- Represented man who sustained several foot fractures when he fell off a roof in a construction site accident. The construction company, a joint venture with two other companies, failed to provide a life safety/fall protection system, and had no insurance. Mr. Nader obtained and collected a jury verdict of $1.25 million plus the defendants had to pay the attorney fees.
- Represented an amusement park guest who sustained a closed head injury after nursing staff on site failed to provide proper medical care and failed to provide adequate security from persons who assaulted the client. Mr. Nader obtained a settlement of $1.25 million.
- Represented motorcycle driver whose leg was amputated above the knee following an accident. Defendant claimed a city bus was blocking the view of the at-fault driver. Mr. Nader discovered a video of the scene proving his view was clear, and obtained a settlement of $3,000,000.00.
- Represented motorcycle driver who lost his leg when struck by an underinsured woman coming out of a shopping center. Mr. Nader discovered significant real estate owned by the Defendant and had it transferred to his client with a value of nearly $600,000.00.
- Represented an injured worker who fell through an attic with faulty support. During an eight (8) day jury trial, Mr. Nader was able to disprove claims by three Defendants alleging Plaintiff was solely at fault, and obtained a global settlement of $2.65 million.
- Represented survivors of their mother killed in a valet line. Mr. Nader was able to settle the claim within three months for $1,000,000.00.
Honors and Distinctions
- Tampa Magazine’s Top Lawyers List, 2019 – 2022
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- The Best Lawyers in America, Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiff, 2018 – 2022
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil Mediator, 2006 – present
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2012 – 2022
- Florida Trend’s Legal Elite, 2012, 2016 – 2017, 2019
- The Florida Bar
- Trial Lawyers Section
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), Tampa Bay Chapter
- President, 2019
- President Elect, 2018
- Vice-President, 2017
- Secretary, 2016
- Treasurer, 2015
- Membership Chair, 2015
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Trial Lawyers Section
- Mediation and Arbitration Section, past co-chair
- Military & Veterans Affairs Committee
- Big Brothers, Big Sisters
- past member of Board of Directors
- Bloomingdale Little League
- past member of Board of Directors
- Newsome High School Athletic Booster Club
- past president
- Atrium Condominium Homeowners Association,
- past president
- Twenty-Four Attorneys Listed in Tampa Magazine’s Top Lawyers for 2022
- Fifty-Four Attorneys from Trenam Law Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2022
- Forty One Attorneys Recognized in Florida Super Lawyers 2021
- Twenty-Five Attorneys Listed as Top Lawyers 2021 by Tampa Magazine
- Fifty-Four Attorneys from Trenam Law Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2021
- Forty Seven Attorneys Recognized in Florida Super Lawyers 2020
- Trenam Law Attorneys Recognized as Top Lawyers 2020 by Tampa Magazine
- Forty-Six Attorneys from Trenam Law Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2020
- Twenty One Attorneys Named to Florida Trend Magazine’s “Legal Elite” 2019
- Forty-Nine Attorneys Recognized in Florida Super Lawyers 2019
- Trenam Law Attorneys Recognized As Top Lawyers 2019 By Tampa Magazine
- Forty Attorneys from Trenam Law Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2019
- Thirty Four Attorneys from Trenam Law Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2018
- Twenty One Attorneys Named to Florida Trend Magazine’s “Legal Elite” 2017 and Top 5 Law Firm With the Most Honorees
- Forty-Five Trenam Attorneys Recognized in Florida Super Lawyers 2017
- Nineteen Trenam Law Attorneys Named to Florida Trend’s Legal Elite: Firm is Ranked #1 With Most Women Named to Legal Elite
- Fifty Trenam Kemker Lawyers Named Florida Super Lawyers and Florida Rising Stars
- “When A Fee Expert Is Needed,” author, July 2017.
- “Lend An Ear, Lend A Heart: The Misunderstood Affliction of PTSD,” Hillsborough County Bar Association’s Lawyer Magazine, author, March 2015.
- “When (Win) to Mediate,” Hillsborough County Bar Association’s Lawyer magazine, author, April 2011.
- “Mediation: Do You Really Want a Potted Plant,” Hillsborough County Bar Association’s Lawyer magazine, author, February 2009.
- “Mediation: Avoiding the Early Shutdown,” Hillsborough County Bar Association’s Lawyer magazine, author, February 2008.