Gerald Davis is a Shareholder and formerly served as a member of the firm’s Executive Board. He concentrates his practice in complex business litigation, creditor’s rights, securities litigation/arbitration, and family law. Gerald also serves as the firm’s liasion to MSI Global, an international alliance of law and accounting firms.
Financial Institutions/Secured Creditors/Complex Commercial Litigation
- Represented secured creditor in complex foreclosure of partially constructed 7,500 seat multi-purpose arena successfully through appeal including lien priority dispute with project’s general contractor as to a $9 million claim of lien.
- Represented purchaser of a large mobile home park to obtain specific performance under a real estate contract.
- Represented secured creditor in successful foreclosure of office building through contested trial, appeal and deficiency judgment.
- Represented numerous secured creditors in foreclosure of commercial real estate including apartment complexes, retail centers, office buildings, marinas and failed condominium developments.
- Represented judgment creditor in the investigation and pursuit of proceedings supplementary action through trial against judgment debtor and his wife for fraudulent transfer of assets resulting in favorable 19 page opinion which was affirmed on appeal.
- Represented creditor in contested deficiency trial to obtain $6 million judgment.
- Represented secured creditor in obtaining prejudgment writ of replevin of $6 million floorplan marine inventory.
- Represented restaurant chain in successful defense of class action under Florida Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act (“FDUPTA”).
- Represented creditors in collection of SBA guaranteed loans.
- Represented a financial services client in defense of Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (“FINRA”) arbitration claim raised by the beneficiary of an annuity alleging fraud and negligence of failure to pay death benefits.
- Represented a financial services and financial advisor clients in defense of FINRA arbitration claim related to allegations of unsuitable investments and breach of duty; obtained an order expunging claim from financial advisor’s record.
- Represented a financial services client in FINRA arbitration for collection of promissory note from former financial advisor, including defense of wrongful termination claim.
- Represented a financial services client in defense of declaratory action related to alleged gift of securities.
- Represent clients in pre-marital and post-marital planning as well as dissolution of marriage.
- Represented spouse in the successful post dissolution collection of a $4 million secured equitable distribution claim.
- Represented spouse in the successful settlement of an unsecured equitable distribution claim.
- Represented high net worth spouse in the successful settlement of dissolution of marriage and related issues with divorce final judgment obtained 20 days after filing petition.
Honors and Distinctions
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell (holds highest rating)
- The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation, 2013 – 2022
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2009 – 2022
- Florida Trend’s Legal Elite, 2004, 2007, 2008
- Tampa Bay Business Journal Who’s Who (Law), 2005
- Guardian Ad Litem Community Advocate of the Year Award for the Sixth Judicial Circuit (given by the Florida Statewide Guardian Ad Litem Office of the Governor for outstanding community advocacy for abused and neglected children of Florida), 2005
- The Florida Bar
- Family Law Section
- Business Law Section
- Grievance Committee, Past Chair
- American Bar Association
- Family Law Section
- St. Petersburg Bar Association
- Carlton Manor (a non-profit agency providing residential mental health treatment)
- Board of Directors, 1995-present
- Phillip Benjamin Tower
- Board Member, 2015 – present
- Temple Beth-El
- Board Member, 2017 to present
- Suncoast Voices for Children Foundation (a non-profit foundation supporting the Guardian Ad Litem and dependent children in Pinellas and Pasco counties), Outside General Counsel, 2004-2005
- Leadership St. Petersburg, 1995
- Project H.E.L.P (Homeless Experience Legal Protection)
- Volunteer 2014
- Shorecrest Alumni Association
- Past President
- Fifty-Four Attorneys from Trenam Law Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2022
- Forty One Attorneys Recognized in Florida Super Lawyers 2021
- Fifty-Four Attorneys from Trenam Law Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2021
- Forty Seven Attorneys Recognized in Florida Super Lawyers 2020
- Amy Drushal and Gerald Davis Author Article on Impact of Restaurant Industry Shutdown for The Bankruptcy Strategist
- Forty-Six Attorneys from Trenam Law Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2020
- Forty-Nine Attorneys Recognized in Florida Super Lawyers 2019
- Forty Attorneys from Trenam Law Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2019
- Forty Seven Trenam Attorneys Recognized in Florida Super Lawyers 2018
- Thirty Four Attorneys from Trenam Law Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2018
- Forty-Five Trenam Attorneys Recognized in Florida Super Lawyers 2017
- Gerald Davis Discusses Tampa-St. Pete Traffic in Tampa Bay Business Journal
- Temporary Alimony – Award & Modification
- Thirty-Two Trenam Attorneys Listed in 2016 Best Lawyers in America Including Two as Lawyer of the Year
- Forty-Five Trenam Lawyers Named Florida Super Lawyers and Florida Rising Stars
- Twenty Four Trenam Kemker Lawyers Named to the 2014 Super Lawyers Business Edition
- Fifty Trenam Kemker Lawyers Named Florida Super Lawyers and Florida Rising Stars
- Thirty-Two Trenam Kemker Lawyers Named to Best Lawyers in America 2014
- Trenam Kemker Elects Executive Board Members
Mr. Davis has spoken at numerous mortgage foreclosure seminars before attorneys, bankers, realtors and appraisers.
- “The Shutdown of the Restaurant Industry: The Widespread Impact,” Co-Author, The Bankruptcy Strategist, ALM’s Law Journal Newsletters, June 2020
- “Temporary Alimony – Award & Modification,” Author, St. Petersburg Bar Association Paraclete, March/April Issue, pg. 10-11