Gary Teblum has been with the firm since 1979 and became a Shareholder in 1984. He is the co-leader of the firm's Business Transactions Practice Group. His practice includes mergers & acquisitions, corporate law, limited liability company law, commercial law, executive compensation, asset-based lending, corporate, partnership and LLC Taxation. Gary's practice also includes the financing of business entities, including venture capital, general corporate representation, going public (IPOs), intellectual property, technology and software license agreements, lending and financing transactions, partnerships, limited liability companies and joint ventures, private placements, public company mergers and public company acquisitions, public company representation, securities compliance and reporting, state and local taxation, and unsecured lending.
- Represented a privately-held leading manufacturer of thermoformed packaging for fresh fruits, vegetables and eggs in the sale of the company, by way of 100% equity sale, to one of the largest diversified global packaging companies.
- Represented a national lessor and seller of large commercial vehicles in a substantial expansion of its operating revolving credit facilities through a syndicated financing.
- Represented large Florida-based multi-office primary medical care practice and certain affiliated managed care companies in the sale of their businesses to a major regional primary health care provider and managed care operator headquartered in Florida.
- Represented multi-specialty health care clinic operating on the west coast of Florida in its sale to a healthcare insurance company.
- Represented Florida-based company owning and operating multi-unit health clubs throughout the United States in connection with complex restructuring and securing private equity capital infusion.
- Represented one of the key owners of a commercial office janitorial contractor operating on the West Coast of Florida in connection with such owner’s interest in the sale of the janitorial contracting business to a strategic buyer operating a commercial janitorial contracting business in the eastern United States.
- Represented a Florida-based packaging manufacturer in the comprehensive refinancing of its revolving and term loan credit facilities with a banking institution headquartered in South Florida.
- Represented a banking institution headquartered on the west coast of Florida in the comprehensive refinancing of revolving and term loan credit facilities to a large seller and servicer of document imaging equipment.
- Represented a Florida-based distance learning company in the acquisition of a distance learning company based in the northeastern United States that complements the acquiring party’s business.
- Represented acquired party in a merger into a single specialty physician practice management company of a multi-physician (28 physician-partners and approximately 20 clinicians) anesthesia practice that provides inpatient and outpatient anesthesia services to a Northeast Florida based health system.
- Represented acquired party in a merger into a single specialty physician practice management company of a multi-physician (6 physician-partners and approximately 9 clinicians) anesthesia practice that provides inpatient and outpatient anesthesia services to a Northeast Florida based health system and to multiple other clinical sites.
Honors and Distinctions
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- The Best Lawyers in America (Corporate Governance Law, Corporate Law, Leveraged Buyouts/Private Equity Law, Securities/Capital Markets Law), 1995-2020
- The Best Lawyers in America, Tampa Bay Lawyer of the Year (Securities/Capital Markets Law), 2014
- The Best Lawyers in America, Tampa Bay Lawyer of the Year (Corporate Governance Law), 2013, 2019
- The Best Lawyers in America, Tampa Bay Lawyer of the Year (Corporate Law), 2010, 2015, 2018
- Chambers USA Ranked, Corporate/M&A, 2014-2020
- Florida Trend Legal Elite 2005, 2008, 2010-2013, 2015-2020
- Florida Trend Legal Elite, Hall of Fame, 2018, 2020
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2006-2020 (10+ year recognition)
- Who's Who Legal, M&A and Governance, 2017-2019
- Tampa Magazine's Top Lawyers List, 2020
- American Bar Association
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- The Florida Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Florida's Business Corporation Act Drafting Committee, Co-Chair
- Corporations, Securities and Financial Services Committee, Past Chair
- Legislation Committee, Chair
- Florida Third-Party Opinions Report, Co-Reporter
- Optimist Club of Tampa
- Past President
- Congregation Kol Ami
- Board of Directors
- Past President
- TOP Jewish Foundation
- Vice President, Legal
- Optimist Club of Tampa Youth Fund
- Volunteer, 1986-present
- Trenam Law Attorneys Recognized in Florida Trend Magazine’s “Legal Elite” 2020
- Forty Seven Attorneys Recognized in Florida Super Lawyers 2020
- Trenam Law Receives High Marks by Prestigious Chambers and Partners For 2020
- Trenam Law Attorneys Recognized as Top Lawyers 2020 by Tampa Magazine
- Gary Teblum Co-Authors Article That Addresses Key Changes To the Florida Business Corporation Act (Part 1)
- Forty-Six Attorneys from Trenam Law Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2020
- Twenty One Attorneys Named to Florida Trend Magazine’s “Legal Elite” 2019
- Forty-Nine Attorneys Recognized in Florida Super Lawyers 2019
- Gary Teblum Comments on the Rewrite of Florida’s Corporation Statutes in The Florida Bar News
- Forty Attorneys from Trenam Law Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2019
- Co-author, Summary of Recently Adopted Changes to the Florida Business Corporation Act and Harmonizing Changes to Other Florida Entity Statutes, Part I, The Florida Bar Journal, Nov/Dec 2019
- Presenter, Revisions to the Florida Business Corporations Act, Tax Section of the Florida Bar CLE Luncheon, October 29, 2019.
- Panelist, Ethics Panel, 36th Annual Federal Securities Institute, February 2, 2018.
- LLC Program in Miami
- LLC Presentation for All Children's Foundation
- Speaker, What is the benefit of a ‘B’ Corporation? And does your business have a social benefit? [Live event & Webinar] Stetson University, April 29, 2015.
- "ALERT: The Florida Revised Limited Liability Company Act Action may be required by Florida LLCs by December 31, 2014", Trenam Kemker Legal Update, September 2014